Where can I take a yoga class?
- Google “yoga studios” near you and check their website
- Read about the types of classes they offer.
- Check their schedule and pricing.
- If you have questions, call them and ask.
What should I bring with me to a class?
- A yoga own mat
- A towel
- Water for after class.
- Be prepared to turn your phone off during class.
- Bring an open mind and listen to your body. Don’t compare and try to compete with anyone in class, focus on you.
What should I wear to yoga class?
- Wear comfortable clothes that allow you to move easily.
- Make sure your yoga pants are high-rise; we don’t want any “crack” situations. Lol
- Most studios ask you to remove your shoes so you may want to wear socks as you walk around, however, I DO NOT recommend you practice with socks on.
What’s the best type of yoga?
- It depends on what you are interested in doing. There are so many types of yoga, try a couple to see what resonates with you.
- I am trained in Vinyasa yoga.
- I do recommend that if you are brand new to yoga, you may want to start with Beginner or Gentle classes.
Will yoga help me to lose weight?
- That depends on how often you go to class, what types of yoga you are doing and your diet.
- Yoga will definitely help you to become more mindful, which will help you in all areas of your life.
- Yoga is meant to be somewhat challenging, however, some forms can be more strenuous than others.
- Yoga can be done in addition to any workout program you are currently doing.
- If money is an issue and you really enjoy yoga, then add walking to your workout. Walking is FREE and great cardio!
If you have questions I didn’t answer, ask away!